10 Experiential Gift Ideas for Kids this Holiday Season
Tis’ the Season for an Experiential Gift
As a mom of a 5 year old, I am always looking for ideas, gifts, traditions and experiences that will leave a lasting memory on my daughter. Life is so busy these days I feel like time is flying by and she is growing up so quickly. During the week its go, go,go. Out of the house for school, activities at night, quick dinner and then bedtime. Everyone asks what does Ella want for Christmas? What does she like? How about we remove what does your child want for Christmas and replace with what memory or experience can I give your child for Christmas?
I have compiled a list of “Experiential” or “Giving back” gifts that I recommend putting on your list when friends and family ask what your child would like from Christmas. I will also include gifts that don’t cost a thing except giving your time and being a memory maker.
1. Christmas Lights & Cocoa Tour: Create your own personalized gift card and give a Christmas Lights & Cocoa Tour by visiting some houses in your area that have great Christmas displays. Bring a thermos with some Cocoa and walk around sipping Cocoa and enjoying the lights.
2. Tea Experience: Book a high tea experience for children. Check out petiteandposh.ca a tea party
place for kids for various Holiday Tea Events during the Holiday Season or create your own at home holiday high tea party.
3. Kids Spa Experience: Happy Spa’lidays Package for 2 : This year Glama Gals wants children to share some spa memories with those they hold dear to their hearts. This package is perfect for children to spend time with adults who are special to them. It could be mom, dad, aunt, grandma or even their best friend! Get wrapped up in matching Signature Glama Gal Spa robes while indulging in side-by-side frosted snowberry manicures and cocoa facial masks. Enjoy some gingerbread cookies and milk and get in the Spa’liday spirit. Hold on to the memories being made by creating your very own memory keepsake ornament. Take lots of pictures while you laugh, giggle and cherish the time spent together. Recommended for ages 5 and up. For more information and too book this package click here. Holiday Glam Special at Glama Gals: Tis’ the season at Glama Gal with this spa package made just for kids. The Holiday Glam spa package includes a Candy Cane flavoured manicure followed by a warm cocoa hand mask. Children will relax in a cozy signature Glama Gal robe while indulging in a gingerbread vanilla flavoured facial mask. The holiday glam fun is just getting started as we have a special glitter spray & scented hair topping followed by a mini snowflake dusted eyes and lips organic make up application. As a special treat the Glam Holiday Fairies will send you home with a special edition pink sugar plum bath bomb. Gingerbread Cookies and Milk will be served to start or end this holiday spa treat. This package is suitable for ages 5 and up. Glama Gal Tween Spa has 9 locations in Ontario- Vaughan, Ajax, Oakville, Newmarket, Toronto, Markham, Sudbury, Barrie and Blue Mountain.
4. Holiday Baking Day Experience: Buy some plain aprons form Michael’s, fabric markers and glitter glue. Start the day off with decorating your own personalized aprons. Pick 3 cookies, cupcake and cake recipes and spend the afternoon baking. The Holiday Experience doesn’t stop there… donate your baked goods to a local homeless shelter.
5. Tickets to a Musical: Tickets to a local theatre production for kids is a great idea. This Christmas we purchased tickets to Cinderella, which is playing in downtown Toronto at the Ed Mirvish Theater.
7. Give a Gift of Hope: Glama Gal partnered earlier this year with Because I am a Girl Plan Canada. For every nail polish bottle sold $1 is donated to Because I am a Girl with a #glamgoal of sending over 250 girls to school in a developing country in three years. Support this goal by visiting a Glama Gal and purchasing a Nail Shine Polish or click here and give your own gift of hope. They have anything from giving baby chicks, to a newborn check up to literacy training. Gifts start at $17. Click here for more information. We like this gift as it starts the conversation with your child on how they are giving back and making an impact on someone’s life.
8. Ivy and Alex Dress- Have you heard of the dress that gives back? Created by an Ontario 10-year-old girl. The colour of each Ivy & Alex dress represents a specific need identified by World Vision. By choosing a dress, you are also making the decision to join World Vision and Flapjacks in the fight against poverty and injustice. The purchase of a dress in
- Pink Lemonade will improve education and provide better health resources to a community.
- Pacific Blue brings clean water to those without.
- Granny Smith Green serves up nutritious food to the hungry.
- Candy Apple Red will assist those in need right here at home.
Ivy stands for ‘I Value You’ and represents each and every person who will benefit from this initiative. Dresses can be found at Glama Gal Oakville, Blue Mountain, Ajax, Barrie & Sudbury. We highly recommend these as a great gift idea for ages 5 and up. Dresses can be worn in the summer as a dress and in the winter as a tunic with tights and shirt underneath. For more info click here.
9. Hotel Room Pajama Party– Rent a hotel room where they have pool amenities! Go swimming, order room service (bowl of ice cream LOL), watch movies in your pajamas and just enjoy each other’s company! Buy some Glama Gal Banana Facial Masks & Nail Shine and gives yourselves Banana Facials and Mani’s!! My daughter said that was her favourite part. I did this last year with her and it will now become a tradition every year.
10. Christmas Window Display Diary Creations- Purchase a Diary for him or her. Take them to your local downtown area. In our case we went to Downtown Toronto and viewed the Bay Holiday Windows. Then let their inner artist come out and they can draw what they just saw and write underneath their pic what they liked most about the displays. Year after year do this to maintain the tradition and see how their artwork has evolved and eventually you will have a full diary of all their holiday display artwork that they can cherish when they are older.
Be the memory maker in your family and give the gift of an experience.
No Comments Yet
You can be the first to comment!